Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Little rock creatures

It's amazing how much life one actually finds in rock pools at low tide.  The other day I was looking for stuff to photograph and amongst others snapped a pic of these little guys in their "volcano" shells.  I have no idea what they are but after lots of consultation with my friend Google I came across the name "Buckshot Barnacles" on an American website.  So I'm still not to sure what we call them here in good ol' South Africa but hence forth I will be referring to them as that... till somebody tells me differently.

1 comment:

  1. Buckshot Barnacles sounds like a weighty name for such tiny characters. Whatever the name, these guys are definitely fascinating. I have not seen them in our rock pools on my peninsula. Maybe I should have another look.

    ReplyDelete