Monday, October 24, 2016

My other air plant is flowering as well

Last week I posted a picture of my air plants flowering and received quite a few questions about in, especially on Facebook.  Most people asked what I do to make them flower as their's don't.  I have to types of air plants around my yard (don't ask me what they are called cause I don't know) with the one type flowering bright pink with blue every year.  The other type grows quite fast forming big clumps but doesn't really flower that often.  When they do flower it's usually just one blueish flower and seemingly only the one by my postbox.

On Saturday afternoon when I was busy working in the yard I noticed that it's actually flowering so I snapped a pic to show you the difference.  On the top photo you can just make it out at the bottom of the plant (it's very visible on the plant's shadow).

2 comments:

  1. Hi Jonker, I've never seen an airplant flowering. Well done! Have a great day. Jo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope this finds you and yours doing well. May we display your header on our new site directory? As it is now, the site title (linked back to your home page) is listed, and we think displaying the header will attract more attention. In any event, we hope you will come by and see what is going on at SiteHoundSniffs.com.

    ReplyDelete