Wednesday, October 19, 2016

My air plants are flowering

I don't have big flowerbeds in my garden.  For that I just don't have enough time and green enough fingers.  I do have a few different plants and lots of succulents though and one of those I probably get most excited about when they flower is my air plants.   Air plants (Tillandsia) is a member of the Bromeliad family and is actually very easy to grow.  They don't need soil and you only need to water them slightly (like in with a spray bottle).  You can keep them both inside (in a well lit area) and outside although they don't always like to be in full sunlight all the time.  I have two types of air plants in my garden. The type in the picture flowers every year while the other type makes big clumps yet doesn't really flower other than a single light purple flower and not even every year.

1 comment:

  1. The are breathtaking. Sounds like my kind of plant. No green thumbs here.

    ReplyDelete