Monday, July 29, 2013

Art (and bric and brac) in the Park

I wonder if anybody in Port Elizabeth knows when the first Art in the Park took place?  Art in the Park has been happening in St Georges Park on the last Sunday of the month for just about forever.  Started about 33 years ago the market was initially for hand made good only but after a decline in numbers several years ago they started allowing bric and brac stalls as well.  Although its nowhere as big as it used to be, the market has become a popular Sunday morning outing again and I really hope the number of exhibitors will increase because of this.

2 comments:

  1. I so enjoy attending these types of venues. Maybe I should bring some of my hand-made jewelry along and set up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these markets and hope this one draws more and more exhibitors. You can almost always get "strange" things at markets like these.

    ReplyDelete