Monday, August 26, 2013

Rusty Roadsigns

There is one set of road signs that always grab my attention.  I may not pass there often, but the rusty road signs on the old R335 just north of the Zuurberg Pass is my favourite road sign in the whole world.  From this intersection there are four road going in each of the wind directions.  South will take toy towards Addo and Port Elizabeth via the old Zuurberg Pass, the original road north from Algoa Bay.  South takes you to Somerset East, west towards Jansenville (it will take you to Somerset East as well) and east to the N10 that crosses the Olifantskop Pass from Port Elizabeth heading north.

2 comments:

  1. Oh wow, that is the most BRILLIANT signpost in the world, I agree. I've never been there, but if it's not a dirt road, we'll take it on the way to/from PE on our tour this Sept. (We love riding passes and have not done Olifantskop Pass yet. I have a rusty sign taken in the Masaai Mara NP, Kenya, which is similar. Great, great post! Greetings from Tz. Jo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like one I'll have to keep my eyes out for.

    ReplyDelete