Friday, May 17, 2013

TGIF - Late afternoon on the Donkin

TGIF.  The week is over.  Not just one week but actually two that just flowed into each other as I attended Tourism Indaba that included this past weekend.  Indaba was good, not just from a destination marketing point of view but also from a personal one.  Amongst others I got to attend the SA Tourism #MeetSouthAfrica bloggers conference and picked up a lot of tips on social media attached to a travel blog.  Some of these I really need to concentrate more on so to grow my following both on the blogs (here on PEDP and The Firefly Photo Files) as well as on Facebook and Twitter.  I also need to get to a point where I get my name as a blogger out there more and perhaps even pick up a couple of sponsors / advertisers.  But I will slowly work up to that.  For now I'm just glad the (two) week(s) is over.
 
The picture is of the giant flag on the Donkin Reserve taken late in the afternoon.

4 comments:

  1. Welcome back home! I just love that flag, and must look out for it next time we pass through PE. Greetings, Jo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Always more to learn about SEO.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the silhouette of the church tower and the clouds.

    ReplyDelete
  4. you are not on Google Plus yet, are you?
    Do you have Authorship set up? I don't see a G+ link from your blog?
    At least for you, being in tourism, sponsorship should be doable.

    ReplyDelete