Saturday, January 12, 2013

Ice cream combi

Imagine my surprise when I heard a tune from my childhood coming down the road the other day.  Not 80's pop music or anything from a kiddies tv show but the hi-pitched, slightly more than monotone tune of a ice cream truck combi.  I have seen one around town but it was the first time it drove around my neck of the woods. Looking out the window more memories came flooding back as all the neighbourhood kids came running to buy soft serve cones.  By now the Kidz were by the gate as well, so who am I to deny them their own ice cream truck memories. And of cause rekindling my own. *wink* 

3 comments:

  1. Oh how fun! A great memory indeed.

    Wouldn't mind having a combi to tour in. Without having to sell ice cream. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not sure if it is the same one that I hear around the Central area.. That one just sounds creepy. chills run down my spine and it has nothing to do with the ice-cream!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Please join us on the 9th of November at the Lady Slipper farmersmarket old Cape road next to St Albans prison 8-12 for free for the day

    ReplyDelete