Monday, March 4, 2013

Marine Hotel view

A couple of months ago I won a two nights Protea Hotel voucher in a competition and the expiry date started to approach so we decided to not go out of town for it but rather enjoy a weekend "holidaying" in our own home town.  The KidZ stayed at their grandparents and the Damselfly and I just planned a weekend of relaxing and walking on the beachfront.  Believe it or not, it actually felt like we were somewhere else.  We didn't have the KidZ being hungry or thirsty or tired all the time and didn't have to rush because we had to get home.  We could have an afternoon nap or just sit and enjoy the view.  Walked all the way to the harbour wall and spent an hour watching a Nippers competition on Kings Beach.  And the weather played along beautifully.  It was pure bliss.  The cherry on top?  A sea view room on the sixth floor.  Nice! 

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a heavenly experience! It's good to have time out for awhile! Love the view! Good for healing the spirit!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree to you Gemma. Actually, I also had my vacation there with my family last year and we had a lot of fun and we also enjoyed the place because it's relaxing and beautiful. By the way, if you have time, I recommend you to visit here the site that I've found about hotel porto. They have a lot of beautiful cheap hotels there.

      Delete