The Prince Alfred Guard (PAG) is a City Regiment which was founded in 1856 as the Port Elizabeth Volunteer Rifle Corps. The name changed by royal assent after it provided a Royal Guard for Prince Alfred, second son of Queen Victoria, on his visit to the city in 1860. The Victorian Drill Hall in Prospect Hill, Central, in which the museum is housed was opened in 1880 and is a National Monument. The museum grew out of a fusion of the military museum formerly housed at the Donkin Reserve and the Regimental Museum of the Prince Alfred Guard Regiment.
GPS: 33°57'49.13"S, 25°37'15.24"E