Thursday, March 27, 2008

Courtyard 7 Castle Hill


A peek inside the delightful cobble stoned courtyard of the historic museum at 7 Castle Hill, the oldest home in PE still in existence. It has been beautifully preserved. It was built in the 1820s by Rev Francis McLelland, who was the Minister of the St Marys Church down the hill in market square. The old water pump and coal bin are still there. To the right are the old stables. It is well worth a visit, to get an insight into the lifestyle of the first settlers to the city.

5 comments:

  1. I love that building, the feel and the smell.

    I have not been there in ages though. I should maybe take a trip. I work just up the road.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh you should,Pamela, it is so fascinating. When I look at that kitchen I realise how lucky we are today with all the mod cons, and even then mine is always a total mess!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This nice courtyard looks very agreeable!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just love this little courtyard, it's so pretty!

    ReplyDelete