Accorss the road from the No7 Castle Hill Museum stands two historic houses known as the Sterley Cottages. The lower one (not in this picture) is one of three that was built in the 1830's and belonged to William Sterley. Two of the three were demolished some years ago already. Number 12 (in the picture) was built on land that was originally granted to Henry Jones in 1839. Both of these houses are national monuments and still occupied.