Across the road from the oldest Test cricket stadium in South Africa, St Georges Park, stand the St Georges Preparatory School.
Knockfierna (Hill of Fairies or Truth) was originally built as a beautiful grand Victorian Mansion by John Daverin, from Ireland, who was a successful Wool Merchant, in 1899. John and his wife, Clothilda, brought up their 7 children in the grand style befitting this era.John Daverin died in 1922, and Knockfierna was sold to James Harroway who later sold it to Raymond Hutchinson, from London.St George's Preparatory School was founded in 1936 by Raymond Hutchinson to provide a private school education for boys aged 7-14 and prepare them for Public Schools in South Africa and overseas.The first enrolment numbered about 50 boys with approximately 25% being boarders. The school became co-ed in 1987. - Info courtesy: St Georges Prep School