Thursday, October 27, 2011

Greater Addo Park sunset

We recently visited Kuzuko Lodge in the northern section of the Addo Elephant National Park about two hours outside Port Elizabeth for our anniversary.  I've been posting about the visit in The Firefly Photo Files if you would like to have a peek.  On the afternoon game drive we encountered the lions and afterwards headed up to a lookout spot to enjoy a couple of drinks while watching another African sunset.  Sunsets in Africa just never seem to disappoint.
 

12 comments:

  1. Outstanding. And I totally agree about the high quality of South African sunsets.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic... wish you were here moment! Oh... I wish I was! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. African sunsets are fantastic and yours is such a beauty. Very special with that tree.
    African trees are fantastic too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful shot! Great composition!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great sunset shot... like the composition!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this sunset photo through the tree! Gorgeous! I took one that was similar at my own state park in Alabama because it looked like something that I had seen from Africa. I am so glad that I can see Africa through your eyes!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow!! I love the light catching the grasses!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is not an ordinary sunset. Just lovely.
    Joyce M

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow nice shot Jonker. Sorry have not been here for a while - been really busy. Keep the pics flowing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very nice photo. How do you avoid burning the sensor with photos like this? I've ruined my Leica.

    ReplyDelete