Monday, October 3, 2011

Wild flowers in the Baakens Valley

A bunch of us walked the lower Guinea Fowl Trail from the 3rd Avenue Dip down to Settlers Park the other day.  I was absolutely amazed at the amount of wild flowers in bloom along the trail.  Although I have been on sections of the trail before and have done the mountain bike trail years ago, this was the first time that I had the opportunity to do the whole trail and I was quite impressed.  Its a pity that so many people are afraid to go on the trail due to a couple of incidents a few years ago as I'm sure that it could be very popular once people really discover what it has to offer.  So if you don't want to do it alone, why not get a couple of friends together and discover this amazing gem in the city's green lung.

3 comments: