This is post #5 in the series about bridges around Port Elizabeth. There are several bridges across the Swartkops River with the oldest road bridge in use being the Wylde Bridge at Swartkops which was built in 1879. The road bridge is a one lane bridge that is regulated with a traffic light. This is the railway bridge right next to the road bridge. Looks very similar to the Mackay Bridge in Colchester, doesn't it?