Sunday, June 5, 2011

High tide

We spent all our holidays with my grandparents in Paradise Beach near Jeffrey's Bay when we were small.  When is was spring high tide we used to play on the beach and run away from the water as it pushed high up on the sand.  Visiting Sardinia Bay last weekend I noticed that the tide was unusually high and those memories came flooding back.  The water at Sards was pushing right up to the Sardinia Bay Surf Lifesaving Clubhouse and the Rugrats was doing exactly the same as we did all those years ago.

4 comments:

  1. Some things never change. Sure is nice to have the memories and build more with your children. Tell me you weren't running from the tide too?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nothing like playing on an Eastern Cape beach!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow - the tide pushed up that day. Not sure if I have seen it that high at Sardinia Bay. Amazing how the children love the sea water (your other post) - thanks for sharing the images!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing - I don't think I have ever seen the tide all the way up to the lifesaving club at Sards! Lovely pic.

    ReplyDelete