Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Development....

Those of you who have been to PE and been away for a while would be gobsmacked to see how fast the city is growing. Remember the big open space along Buffelsfontein Road, between 10th Ave Walmer and Miramar and Mount Pleasant on the outskirts? Well it is musrooming into a ribbon of townhouse complexes and retail outlets, and has become so built up that the road is being widened into 4 lanes! This is part of the section between Walmer Heights and the end of William Moffat.

3 comments:

  1. I guess another title could be “Progress?”

    Lovely image. How do you feel about it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. They're finally widening the road! Never thought I would see the day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, I am impressed. I use to live in Greenshields Park when I was a child (many years ago) as well as Mount Pleasant. I've not been to PE for over 4 years (only because I now live in the UK), I am sure I'll be pleasantly surprised when I visit again.

    ReplyDelete