Sunday, July 25, 2010

St Georges Park Fig Tree

One of the old Wild Fig Trees in St Georges Park. The Wild Figs around St Georges are over 100 years old and with their wide branches and big trunks you just want to look around and search for fantasy characters lurking in its shadows. I was very interested to read this week that the municipality has plans to develop St Georges Park along with Settlers Park and Victoria Park into botanical gardens. It is something that is long overdue and I really think it would enhance these parks and bring more people into them.

2 comments:

  1. I stayed at a B&B just outside of Port Elizabeth with a HUGE fig tree. The owners were very proud of it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have an old photo of my husband (then fiancé)under that tree. We had just finished wandering through Art in the Park :) Great memories!

    ReplyDelete