Sunday, November 9, 2008

Remembrance Day

This year's Remembrance Day Parade, held at the Walmer Cenotaph, started with a parade of ex-servicemen and women. It was led by a Scottish pipe band, which is always guaranteed to stir the heart strings and set the right tone.


Wreath laying ceremony by all sections of the armed forces and ex-servicemans societies.

"They shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old: Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn. At the going down of the sun and in the morning We will remember them." Lawrence Binyon, For The Fallen (1914)

3 comments:

  1. It is great that the tradition of Remembrance Day is continued in the city.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There are several posts today commemorating Rememberance Day. So glad you bloggers remind us of this important day in history.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do you know I lived in Walmer until I was 32 and I don't think I could have identified that monument as the Walmer cenotaph! Thanks for enlightening me. Wonderful to see we ae still commemorating those who paid the ultimate price. Is that a glimpse of the Walmer Post Office I see in the first pic?

    ReplyDelete