Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Donkin Red Carpet art feature

One of the new art features on the Donkin Reserve which seems isn't quite completed yet is the Red Carpet by designer Lisbet Demeyer.  The Red Carpet starts on the side walk directly in front of the historic King Edward Hotel and in a way pulls the hotel's grandness onto the Donkin Reserve.  At this stage I haven't found any information on all the symbolism of the Red Carpet, but I will do another post as soon as I get something more and the feature is completed.

4 comments:

  1. Nice. I like this alot. What material is it being made from.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I been really enjoying all these 'art' pics that you have been posting lately. Great Job, Firefly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. looking good Firestarter. This shot makes me feel like getting out, how can anyone say they are bored of P.E.?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I need to get a new carpet and I've been browsing for modern designs and I found your post. The carpet you posted inspired me and gave me the idea what carpet design to buy for my kids room.

    ReplyDelete