Friday, January 21, 2011

Donkin Reserve Voting line

A little while ago I said that I will do a series on the art pieces that is being installed on the Donkin Reserve here in Port Elizabeth.  I popped down there this week and although the project isn't completed yet, got pics of all the pieces that has been done already. The art piece that I think will become the most popular attraction on the Donkin is the Voting Line.  The Voting Line with its 59 life sized figures circles the base of the giant flag pole and at the front of it stands the figure of Nelson Mandela.

The figures in the Voting Line represents the demographic of the Eastern Cape and each figure was designed from a photo of a real person.  The art piece was the brainchild of artists Anthony Harris And Konrad Gee.

5 comments:

  1. I think that is a most expressive piece of art- original and tells a story of triumph......

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Firefly, I think these two photos are quite interesting to say the least. I seem to be getting an education just from visiting your site as often as possible. Nice captures.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello and good work...very interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic! I am definitely visiting PE soon!

    ReplyDelete