Monday, January 24, 2011

Gazing across the Donkin

One of the most prominent of the new art pieces on the Donkin Reserve is the female figure gazing across the open space.  The sculpture was done my well known Port Elizabeth artists Anton Momberg and was the first of the art pieces to go up.  The building in the background is the historic King Edward Hotel.

I took another angle from the back to show what the view to the other side looks like.  A couple of months ago I took a similar photo at sunrise.

5 comments:

  1. Any idea as to what this statue represents?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Omigosh. I stayed there once as a kid! Maybe this is one of the "servicable sisters" that my mom threatened us with when we were being too wild as kids.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like how shinny this is. Bet you could get some nice reflections. She has a good view.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Anonymous, I haven't been able to find any info on what the figure represents, but will update the posts as soon as I do

    ReplyDelete
  5. http://wikivillage.co.za/donkin-reserve/blog/unknown-servant

    ReplyDelete